Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How the eff do I prevent an artist from showing up in my mixes?

How the eff do I prevent an artist from showing up in my mixes?

Premium/USA

OS X

I use the radio and daily mix functionality all the time.  I HATE THE PIXIES and they show up in my mixes and radio constantly.  How do I stop this from happening? There is no dislike button anywhere!

5 Replies

Hey @lacrosse_20.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Songs in a Radio station or Daily mix can be liked or disliked. Are you sure you don't have this option? On desktop it will only appear when you hover over a song.

If the option is missing, try reinstalling the app using these instructions. If this doesn't help, please send us over a screenshot of one of your mixes so we can take a look.

Hope it works though! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks. Reinstalling seems to have brought the buttons back.

I spoke too soon.  That brought up the icons for whatever song was playing when I check it, but the friggin Pixies just came up again now and there is no way for me to tell spotify to NEVER PLAY THIS AGAIN 😞  The buttons are gone again. Clicking on various radio stations makes it clear that they don't come up for any songs anymore... again. How do I *permanently* fix this rather than having to reinstall... again?

Ok... this is getting really frustrating. The like and dislike buttons show up for some songs in some cases, but not for the one I want to actually dislike (they're replaced with a + symbol to add it to my library, which I definitely don't want to do.)  Who the heck is the UI/UX genius that made this call?

Hey there @lacrosse_20,

Thanks for keeping in touch and adding these details!

You mention that the like/dislike buttons are not showing up on Radio stations anymore. Just to confirm, does the same occur in the Daily Mixes you see?

If this only occurs in Radio, please keep in mind that we've made some changes recently to the way Radio works. For more details, we'd recommend taking a look at this thread.

You can find out how to generate an endless Radio station with the option to like/dislike songs in this Spotify Answer.

If that doesn't help, or you're missing the option to like/dislike songs even in your Daily Mixes, it's be helpful if you could share a screenshot so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts