Premium

Country

USA

Device

Mac Pro

Operating System

OSX

My Question or Issue

One of the speakers in my list belongs to a friend who lives 30 miles away.  I set up her Google Mini for her, and then to test it, I played Spotify from my phone while logged into her WiFi network.

Now when I am at my home 30 miles away, suddenly Spotify stops playing, and when I check, it is playing on the speaker in her house.  Sometimes her music pops up on my computer speakers.  I would like to forget her Google Mini speaker, but there doesn't appear to any way to do so.

Here is what I have tried:

- Logging on to Spotify.com and signing out everywhere.

- On my phone, toggling the switch to show "only local devices". 

Now I don't see her speaker on my phone.  But I can't get rid of it on my computer.

5 Replies

Hi @1vcw-6j8_zozt and welcome to the Community! 🙂

By chance, have you checked out your account page>apps? That pesky culprit speaker might be located there.
If so, you can revoke the access and see if Connect will forget it.

You could also check to see if it was listed in Offline devices.

*Fingers Crossed* and have a great day! 🙂

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Bethany,

Great thoughts, and thank you for your reply!

I had already looked under Offline Devices, and the only thing listed there was an old phone.

I did look under Apps as you suggested, and while I don't see her Google Home speaker listed as such, I do see Google as having permission to access my Spotify account.  I am somewhat loath to disconnect Google, as I have a Google Home Mini, and it is nice to be able to play Spotify by voice request.

However, here is the good news:  since I posted this, her Google speaker has disappeared from the device list on Spotify on my Mac.  Finally!  Perhaps someone from Spotify removed it for me.  Or perhaps she has unplugged it.  Certainly it was nothing I did.  But I am not playing my music in her house, and hers is not playing in mine.  For now.  Yay.

Hey @1vcw-6j8_zozt that's awesome!
Glad to hear it resolved itself for you. 😄 

Right?  How often does that happen?

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Anytime! Always happy to help 🙂

Suggested posts