Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to download the "Your Music" on mac

Solved!

How to download the "Your Music" on mac

Hello, I am able to download playlist songs, but when I want to download the "Your Music" i do not have the option to download the music. Would really love if I could download these as I am getting my Mac and Spotify ready for school.

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 7.35.07 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, there is currently no way to download your music without adding it to a playlist.

However, there is an idea posted about this. Support it by adding your kudos there!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot-offline/idi-p/732...

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, there is currently no way to download your music without adding it to a playlist.

However, there is an idea posted about this. Support it by adding your kudos there!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot-offline/idi-p/732...

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

As a workaround to be able to download those songs in Your Music for offline use you can create a New Playlist and drag and drop all songs from Your Music Songs folder into the newely created playlists for them, and then use the offline download playlist option for those tracks. Please note you are limited to 3,333 tracks to each device up to three devices which can have different tracks downloaded off line at the same time. So make sure your playlist does not exceed 3,333 tracks before downloading, otherwise you will get the tracks until you reach the cut off point. To double check how many tracks there are just look on the playlist top bar of where you dragged and dropped those songs from Your Music, this will show you how many tracks there are and you can then delete to adjust to be under the 3,333 limit. Also as a side note you will have to synch at least every 30 days for the offline tracks so they can be updated with current licenses, failure to do so will make the tracks unplayable after 30 days. So I hope and cross my fingers your schools wifi or network will let you do this, if not look into free wifi hot spots close to your school for a quick synch. 🙂

Ok, my suggestion is to make a new playlist and call it whatever you want. Click on a song in your "My Songs" tab. Then, press Ctrl+A (Cmd+A on mac) and drag all your songs into your new playlist. Go into the new playlist and turn Downloads on. And you're done! Very simple, but I'm surprised Spotify hasn't added the ability to download directly from "my songs".

Suggested posts