Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to export playlist text from Spotify to itunes ?

Solved!

How to export playlist text from Spotify to itunes ?

Hey ! 

I have a trouble that I can't resolve and I hope you can help.

A year ago, I have imported all my playlist from itunes to spotify and it works great in Spotify. Don't need anymore to use iTunes on my mac.

But now I have a problem with iTunes. My playlists are still there but they're all empty of songs !! I would like to find a solution to export all the informations from my Spotify playlist to import it in iTunes. Of course, all those files are on my computer still years and spotify was only a player. So I hope there's a way to copy/paste all the links to my files into iTunes, any idea ?I don't want to manually recreate hundreds of playlist.

Thanks

Brice

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you still have all the songs you might want to search for an "iTunes Music Library.xml" file  (or something along those lines) on your computer.  If you have that and it has the state of your iTunes library before you lost all of your playlists you can restore it using iTunes > File > Library > Import Playlist... and then selecting that file.

If that doesn't work, maybe this thread and this post will get you started. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

There's no way to automate this process as far as I know.

Marked as solution

If you still have all the songs you might want to search for an "iTunes Music Library.xml" file  (or something along those lines) on your computer.  If you have that and it has the state of your iTunes library before you lost all of your playlists you can restore it using iTunes > File > Library > Import Playlist... and then selecting that file.

If that doesn't work, maybe this thread and this post will get you started. 

Thank you for your answer ! 

Indeed I tried that solution 2 weeks ago and I found back all my playlists ! So Happy

Have a nice week-end !

So, let me begin with wishing all a happy and prosperous new year!

That done, here is my issue, I created a wondeful playlist, 500+ tracks,  in Spotify that i just want to export to an app that will let me burn them to disk,  Such as I Tunes, Winamp, Real Player, Nero, I do not really care which app that I use! but it seems to me that if I can inport a complete Playlist created from any of these apps, then I should, conversely, be able to Export, the same type of data from the Spotify platform.

Yes, I am aware that I can export the data as text. but that is really not adressing the issue, is it? As that means that I still have to re-create the playlist in another app.

I love Spotify, but why is this even an issue????....

Two-way import and export of any given playlist is an option that I would like to see. Soon.

Or give me a burn to disk option and I am equally satisfied.

Does anyone have a funtional workaround that does not involve a re-build of an existing playlist created on Spotify???..

Eric: aka Ewbravo

I'm assuming if you want to burn something to CD that the playlist is made up entirely of local files you own?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there, happy new year!

Continuing with this subject..

So i love and use spotify a lot., it has been my audio producer in the last 2 years. Vive got 2 Tb of music on my pc and thanks to Spotify ive managed to create some great playlist that most of the musics in them i own. 

Now i would like to export these playlist to my ipod to listen to them, or at least to listen to the music i own in these playlist. 

How can can i export the playlists to my itunes account and then to my ipod? I really dont want to creat them one by one all of them.  

thank you for the help, have looked and looked and cant find. Please not that i dont want to export music that i dont have, i want to be able to import the list of the musics to another platform since i own the musics.

Thanks!

or imagine i create a playlist that i own entirely, how can i export it to itunes?

thank you very much for the help

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to export those playlists from Spotify easily, however if you have an iPod Classic, nano, shuffle or mini with the old standard USB connector (not the lightning connector) you can use Spotify to sync your iPod directly (although you would need to wipe the content and resync it all if you are already synced via iTunes):

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-sync-iPod-with-Spotify

Peter

hmm ok that is a way. 

Then what i can do is, create some playlist with genius of itunes and export these playlists to spotify, since i own the music that shouldn´t be a problem, so that i can insert both type of playlists in the ipod (generated in spotify and itunes)

how can i export my itunes playlists to spotify?

one last thing, the musics i dont own in the playlists when i try to sync spotify to ipod what will happen to them? they simply wont show up, am i right?

thanks in advance for such a fast reply!

sorry but you just said "Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to export those playlists from Spotify easily,"...

Doest this mean that there is a way but hard? if so i would really appreciat if you could share.

Thanl you Peter

From a quick search, it seems it might be possible to export your playlists to grooveshark then export them from grooveshark to another format but if you're just thinking in terms of playlists of local files, why not create them in one of the standard players - itunes or WMP then import them into spotify?

Thank you for the tip and thanks to all who commented on this post. All of my target files are local. Having already built my 500 plus tracks in Spotify I just want to avoid the task of doing it all over.

Ewbravo

@shinra wrote:

sorry but you just said "Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to export those playlists from Spotify easily,"...

Doest this mean that there is a way but hard? if so i would really appreciat if you could share.

Thanl you Peter

Yeah, I was thinking copy and pasting track names and rebuilding was the only way I know how! 😉

Peter

Suggested posts