Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to keep Mobile device from wiping out Desktop Queue?

How to keep Mobile device from wiping out Desktop Queue?

Family Premium 

United States

Device

Desktop: iMac
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System
Desktop: macOS Mojave 10.14.3

Mobile: Android 9
Spotify Version
Desktop: 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e
Mobile: 8.5.11.762

My Question or Issue

At work (on the desktop) I'll que up a bunch of music to listen to throughout the day. I rarely make it all the way through the queue.  At home, I'll feel like listening to something so find an album or playlist on my phone and click the first track. That track will play but then the next track will be from my work queue.  To play the next track in the album/playlist I want to listen to is to scroll down to the end of the queue and click that track. But then when I return to work, all of the tracks I had queued up are gone and what's up next is where I finished listening on my mobile device. How do I keep my desktop queue and the queue on my phone separate? 

So far, the only way I've been able to do it is instead of streaming tracks on my mobile device is download the tracks, switch to offline mode, exit the app, then restart it.  It's a huge inconvenience and prone to accidentally forgetting a step messing up my queue.  Surely there's an easier way from keeping the devices from messing each other up. 

1 Reply

Hi gilzow,

Because of the functionality of Spotify Connect and how it works to let you switch seamlessly between devices, you won't be able to keep your work and home queues separate, because you only have one queue! Something that might work for you is creating different playlists for work and at home. It still won't save your place in the playlist if you start playing from a different playlist, but you could play from the song after the last one you had played the day before. If you had any questions or anything about how the queue works, there's a detailed post here.

You could also start a family plan and keep one profile for work and one profile for home/mobile. Each profile would have its own queue, so this might be an option for you. This would probably not be ideal because it will cost more money for you, unless keeping the queues separate is worth the cost to you. 

Sorry, I realize this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it does help somewhat.

Suggested posts