Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to limit com.spotify.client folder size?

How to limit com.spotify.client folder size?

Plan

Free

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

macOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

A while ago, I found that the com.spotify.client folder (specifically the "Data" subfolder) had bloated over less than two months (since I got my current machine) to over 11 GB. I've moved it into trash, but is there a way I can limit the size of that folder ahead of time so I don't have to manually delete it every 1-2 months?

And for the record, I know someone answered this question already, but I'm not sure if trust myself to not wuss out (that is, decide I want the old settings back), or screw something up with code that I can't revert. So is there an alternative to either manual deletion or this code change? If not, would there be a way to change the settings back to normal if I wussed out?

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, 

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

At the moment, it's not possible to limit this folder's size. However, we'd recommend following the steps in the link you sent as they've been helpful for other users.

In case you'd like to revert any change, you can always perform a clean reinstall of the app. You can also delete the newly added text line.

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts