Premium

Country

AUS

Device

MacBook Pro 2018

Operating System

Catalina

My Question or Issue

Hi just switched to Spotify from apple music because of all the headaches they cost me and same here, where is the freakin log in with the apple id button on the macOS version?? I read some ridiculously vague explanation created by someone somehow but did not understand squat. Can please the Spotify team make a more detailed tutorial on how to do so? it is absolutely ridiculous a leading music app to be lacking this option and to be lacking a comprehensive tutorial. Can the tutorial be made for more tech-basic people, who are not so into technology and def not mind readers. The mediocre at best explanation this website offers on how to log in on mcos with apple id is embarrassing at best.  Hope someone can help me. Thanks

2 Replies

Hey there @MXManev,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this here in the Community!

The option to sign in using your Apple ID is currently only available on iOS devices, which would explain why you're having troubles seeing that option on your desktop device. 

If you've already linked your Apple ID with your Spotify account on your mobile device, you can still access your Spotify account in the desktop app by following these steps:

1. Create a standard password for your account that will allow you to log in as usual. To do this, you’ll need to head here and reset your password.
  2. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to log in on the devices that don't offer the option to Sign In with Apple using your email address and new password instead.

Keep in mind though that if you’ve used Hide My Email, you’ll need to use the Apple-generated email address to reset your password and log in.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts