Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play full Album in order ?

How to play full Album in order ?

All I want to do is to play an album by Angus and Julia Stone (Memories of an old friend) from the first to the last song, in order. When I press the "PLAY" button next to the album cover image the Spotify app plays the first song from the Angus & Julia Stone album and then switches to a random song from a random artist. 

Not saying that the random song is **bleep**, just saying that it is not what I was asking for.

What gives ? Any help or suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 12.51.08.png
3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi!

Try to clean a cache. Give to Settings -> Advanced and turn off a Cache, try to play your album again. If the behaviour will correct (each song is playing one by one) - try to switch back the caching.

Hello All and thank you for your suggestions. 

The issue arose because I am using the Spotify Connect2 plug-in (with Volumio on a Raspberry computer).

The new version of Spotify unfortunately broke the plug-in. But thankfully, the plug-in devs stepped in and fixed it. Now with the new plug-in all is working again.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask the Spotify company to make the Spotify Connect API's accessible to all. IMHO, it is by far the best way to control Spotify and only good things could come out of such a move.

Suggested posts