How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop?

Jasper-ned
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

macos

My Question or Issue

How to sort my playlists alphabetically on desktop? In the mobile app they are alphabetically sorted automatically, so they should be able to sort the same way on the desktop version, right? but how?

4 Replies

Jeremy

Hi there @Jasper-ned,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

You should be able to sort your playlists after Titel right above the songs to the right in the playlist next to search.

If you don't see it, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jasper-ned
Casual Listener

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for you reply. The version I use is 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a. 

Regarding the sorting I am referring to the quick access list of playlists on the left in the screen. (see attachment).  I see no way to sort it automatically.

Hope you can help, thank you.

spotify playlist on the left.png

CarlosE

Hi again @Jasper-ned,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the extra info.

We're afraid it's not possible to order the playlists in the left panel automatically, but you can click and drag each playlist to your desired position. You can, however, sort your playlists alphabetically within Your Library > Playlists, clicking on the drop down menu in the top right corner and selecting the sorting you'd like (this sorting doesn't change the order in the left panel).

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Jasper-ned
Casual Listener

Thank you Carlos, it's unfortunate this cannot be done, as I use mainly playlists. With Tidal I don't have to sort manually, perhaps Spotify will follow and solve it some day.

Cheers!

SUGGESTED POSTS