Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Solved!

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Errrragh!

I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER.  It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go back into my profile.

Can anyone help?

72 Replies

I'm facing the excact same problem, I also can't make my favorites/starred playlist public. It also stated that it was public 2 or 3 times but everytime I check now it's says it's private. Can someone please help me?

I have tried several times to make my starred playlist public, every time "your playlist is now secret". Can anyone help me?

I have the same problem. My starred playlist keeps on being private even after i select make it public in my phone or computer.

mine is doing that and it wont changeWoman Sad

Marked as solution

Dear spotify, 

I'm having the same issue, not being able to make my starred list public. It looks like a number of your clients are having the same issue. Can you please fix this issue in a timely manner? It is decreasing my value for the service. 

Regards

I am facing the same problem and it's been like this for a while! Only affects my starred playlist. I've tried making it public on the desktop and on my phone and it doesn't work. Please fix it ASAP!

Peter I am having the same issue but it's on mobile. Please help.

Peter I am having the same issue but it's on mobile. Please help. Thanks

You just have to wait. it takes a while but eventually it'll come back on ☺️

im having same problem as well.. there is not even option for making it public. 

It was fine when i had previous version.... and my starred playlist went secret after the update. 

What should i do? i want to share it with friends.....

Same here.... 😞

Everyone seems to be having this problem. i checked in with friends and family to see if they have the same issue and THEY ALLL DOO.

and from the look of things its been an ongoing problem since 2013, Spotify you need to get your stuff together and fix this already, There are way too many competitions to be slacking.

I've tried making my Starred Playlist public from the web player (have to use it on work computer), as well as from the phone app and it won't change to public. How has this been an issue sense 2013?

Spotify 2.jpgSpotify 1.jpg

I also can't share it either 😞 please help!

Suggested posts