Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't add Liked Songs to their own playlist anymore

I can't add Liked Songs to their own playlist anymore

On my iPhone it shows me that I have 1277 liked songs. I do backup playlists (CMD+A, +C, +V to paste it to a new playlist called "Backup") every now and then. All my 2019 backups have a size over a bit over 1000 songs. 

Doing another "backup" today I noticed that it's only copied 485 songs which is weird. I've added a song to my Liked Songs, backed up again and it got to 486 songs. 

Quitting the macOS app, opening it again, doing CMD+A, CMD+C on my liked songs shortly after and then pasting the clipboard to a new playlist gives me 100 songs. This sounds like an issue of using reusable table view row cells in electron or whatever you are using to deliver the Desktop app.

I would appreciate a reliable way to back up my findings.

I found the reason but not the solution: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/I-can-t-see-all-Liked-Songs-on-Desktop/td-p/5025221

1 Reply

Hey @Reiszecke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Please follow the same step as you did for the other topic you posted. Next time, I would recommend you posting a topic to merge them so that we don't have to answer both of them but instead one of them. Thanks!

To help with your issue/problem. I would recommend trying a clean reinstall on the App. If that doesn't help, try to log out in and back in. If it still continues, try adding your "liked songs" to your folder from the Spotify web player.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these stepsIf you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Meanwhile, I have found some links in the Community, that might help you with your issue/problem. To see them, please click here, here, and here. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need more information. I will also continue my research on this topic.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Suggested posts