Premium

Country

Used in Mexico and USA, since I am working but my family is in Mexico 

Device

Pizel 3 Android Q, MacBook Pro (2018)  Mojave 

Operating System

Android Q, Mojave

My Question or Issue

I tried to listen to podcast on my laptop and this sucks, also there are songs that always stop, either on my computer or my phone.

This is so frustrating since all the communication channel that spotify has is just through communities. 

Everytime I tried to access the podcast the error page gets in the top of the screen, for less than a second I am able to see the podcast screen and then the error message appears.

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 3.29.05 PM.png
6 Replies

My Question or Issue

Have the same issue as OP -- about a week ago the Podcasts tab began showing an error saying that the page didn't exist or couldn't be displayed. Have tried a clean reinstall of the app but that hasn't helped. The Podcasts tab displays fine on iOS.

As OP noted it's really hard to alert Spotify to bugs -- I'm a PM at a big software company and it took me like an hour of poking around the UI to figure out that I couldn't submit a bug. I had to give up and ask a friend who works at Spotify. It's an incredibly frustrating experience since the app itself is pretty obviously broken (vs user error) and typical remediation isn't working (clean reinstall).

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro (2019), MacBook Air (2016)

Operating System

Mojave

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 4.18.15 PM.png

This appears to have magically resolved.

Hey @simplekjl.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

same issue here on both microsoft store app and desktop app, both show that ss error when i click on podcast section. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Temporary workaround:
I load the podcast section on a mobile device and then switch it to PC so i can hear it through my computer speakers.
You can also just search the podcast name and get to specific podcasts that way

Hey there @sjmslik,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

This issue should be now fixed. Just to confirm, are you still having troubles?

If so, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to shake things up.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

Unfortunately this issue just re-emerged today after going away. I'm trying to use the spotify desktop client on MacOS 10.10.5. I tried re-installing per the steps in the previous reply, but it's still broken. Please advise - very frustrating to pay $15/month and not be able to listen to podcasts.

Suggested posts