Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

MacBook Pro (mid 2012)

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14 beta

My Question or Issue

I have a problem with Spotify for Mac, because I cannot listen to anything. What I mean is that when I select a song, playlist or whatever, the app doesn't respond.
Previous months this used to happen after playing a few songs, but now it's all the time.

I've installed the app a hundred of times, erased Spotify cache; I've tried everything but nothing works.
What should I do?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to macOS 10.4.3, because you're on an unreleased version of software, and try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts