Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I didn't get the new update?

Solved!

I didn't get the new update?

I logged on to spotify this morning only to find out that my friend got the new update and to my suprise, i didn't!I was wondering if anyone has gotten the same issue?

Well you see, It's not that I hate you... It's just that if you were on fire and i had a glass of water, I'd drink it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As it says in the announcement, "Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out gradually to our iPhone, desktop and web users from today, and will soon be available across all platforms."

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

From what I understand so far, the new design is available on:

Web Player - Everyone

iPhone - Everyone

Desktop - Rolling out (should be with everyone sometime in the near future)

Android - Coming soon

As @Joe mentioned Your Music is rolling out seperately to the dark design, but should also make an appearance soon. There have been no betas or app updates for iPad, so I would imagine that will be a future project. It's also not clear at the minute if the updates Windows Phone application due "this spring" will have the dark design yet. 

Spotify never ever give solid release dates or timeframes, it is something we have just come to live with. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Good news, If you guys want the update just PM me and i send a link over to the new updater, I know it works beacause I've used it on my personal computer and mulitple school computers and so far there have been no issues. So just hit me up with a PM if you want the link.

And send some love over to O-L-A-V for sending me this link!

Well you see, It's not that I hate you... It's just that if you were on fire and i had a glass of water, I'd drink it.

43 Replies
Marked as solution

As it says in the announcement, "Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out gradually to our iPhone, desktop and web users from today, and will soon be available across all platforms."

Oh really? I didn't see that, all i knew was that my friend had gotten the update and i didn't so i was really confused but thanks for clearting that up.

So far, I've only received the update for iOS. Hoping the Mac version is available soon!

I hope to get it soon on my Windows box.

Still waiting for the mac update. Really annoying!

Still waiting for an update on Windows.

Yeah "soon" It's been two days and i still haven't got the god darn update yet!

darn*

I've tried everything to get teh mac desktop client to update with no success. I've even doen a complete uninstall and clean install with the client downloaded from the website. Nothing.

Also, is there an update for the iPad as well? I can't figure out how to use the new collections features.

The ipad update is a seperate project I believe. Long overdue for overhaul.

Still waiting for OS X version as well.

Still waiting for OSX version.

Soooo is the windows one out yet for everyone? becaue i still havent got one but my friend has

Still waiting .. it is realy annoying

your standard cookie cutter response is worthless. It doesnt give us a time frame or answer the question why the web app for my account has been updated but not the darn desktop app. Its pointless and stupid. My frustration is not aimed at you its aimed at spotify.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/99177

There was an announcement on twitter yesterday saying "We're rolling out "Your Music" to everyone during the month."

Spotify told me on Facebook it is rolling out NOW, 2 days ago. Still nothing. This company seriously need a PR department.

Marked as solution

From what I understand so far, the new design is available on:

Web Player - Everyone

iPhone - Everyone

Desktop - Rolling out (should be with everyone sometime in the near future)

Android - Coming soon

As @Joe mentioned Your Music is rolling out seperately to the dark design, but should also make an appearance soon. There have been no betas or app updates for iPad, so I would imagine that will be a future project. It's also not clear at the minute if the updates Windows Phone application due "this spring" will have the dark design yet. 

Spotify never ever give solid release dates or timeframes, it is something we have just come to live with. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts