Premium

Country

France

Device

Macbook Pro 2021 Apple M1 Max

Operating System

MacOS Ventura 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

Since I updated my OS to 13.3.1 the sound is not working anymore with my Spotify app. It works everywhere else
I tried to reinstall / clear cache / change audio settings ...

Is there anyone else with the same problem ? How could i fix it ?

6 Replies

Hey @davarez,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We appreciate you sending us all the steps that you've already tried to solve this.

Can you try with a different account and see if the app behaves the same way? If a family member has a Spotify account, it would be great if you can ask them to log in on your device to test.

We'd also suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception. More info on how to do that can be found here

In case the above doesn't fix it, we'd recommend disabling any antivirus or ad-blocking software temporarily to see if that helps. If it does, make sure to set Spotify as an exception here as well. 

On another note, would you mind checking if the Spotify web player works as expected and you can hear sound when you start a playback there?

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same problem on MB M2 Pro with Ventura 13.2.1. Spotify is working only after restarting the whole computer but after some time stops working again. Other sound is working correctly.

Edit: Now not working even after restart.

In the web browser (Safari) works fine after specifying to play from the web app.

Hey @anini,

Thanks for the reply.

Does the computer go to sleep before the music stops playing or the music stops playing on its own while the computer is active and you're using it?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Before it happened after the sleep stage. I just opened the Spotify app, pressed Play button and no sound was coming from the app, the time bar was moving tho. However, the last time I tried it happened also right after restart. Not sure whether it stopped working while using the computer. I think it has, but I truly am not sure.

Hi @anini,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

This is something simple but sometimes overlooked. Make sure the volume is up at all times on Spotify. You can do it from the bottom right corner of the Spotify app.

On another note, if it's just happening on the desktop app, it'd be a good idea to try a clean install. If that doesn't make a difference, editing your Hosts file might help. Just follow the steps here.

Let us know how that goes.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts