Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the app for more than a year now on my Mac and is completely slow still

I have the app for more than a year now on my Mac and is completely slow still

The app on Mac OS is absolutely disgusting, in my phone it works, but in my Mac is just REALLY slow to start working, sometimes it takes 20 min for me to be able to use the app... The app opens, everything runs but it just doesn't show up anything...

How is this still not fixed? It is a paid service and no one could solve this after all this time?

I have seen it online to enter in the Spotify files saved on your computer and you have to change some settings in the data sheets, is this really how is supposed to be done?  Isn't there a decent professional to really fix this issue?

As long as people pay every month it seems like the Spotify team doesn't care right?

What a joke

2 Replies

Hey there @joooops

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have a similar problem - on iOS and the Web, Spotify loads quickly, but the macOS loads VERY slowly. To be specific, the app framework/shell loads quickly, but the Home, For You, Recently Played, etc. content sections are all blank for a full minute or two before suddenly showing up. I have wired 1 Gbps Ethernet service for internet with an average of 940 Kbps download, so retrieving the information from Spotify's servers isn't the problem. Something about the way the Mac app is requesting the data or parsing the data or something is just fundamentally flawed and slow. Can someone look at this and fix it?

Suggested posts