Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have totally lost volume control on my macbook - how can I fix this?

I have totally lost volume control on my macbook - how can I fix this?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hi @adindavh, thanks for writing!

Can you please give me more details about what's going on?

Are you using the desktop app? Do you have any sound card connected to your MacBook? Do you get any error message when trying to change the volume?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi
I solved this problem -do not ask me how. But now Spotify persistently refuses to play the song or album I click on and continues playing something else, not responding to my instructions. I am not a tech person so I cannot give you any tech details. It’s quite annoying though so I’d be grateful for any help!

Hi, yes I'm using the computer app, if that's what you mean. I'm using Spotify only when I'm home and want to cionnect to my Sonos One system (that's why I signed up to Spotify, because otherwise I have a huge collectioon of about 1000 albums so don't really need spotify). No sound cards as far as I know; no error messages...

In the meantime I was able to solve the volume problem (don't know how), but now Spotify refuses to respond to my instructions to play something else. The responses come half an hour later. And Spotify now jumps from one song to the other. REALLY enoying! I already reinstalled the app, but with no improvement.  There are no errors messages here either. 

Ok so the problem of the volume copntrol has returned now. I can't control volume or content being played. Even when I stop or close Spotify on my laptop, it coninues playing. VERY weird! 

That sounds odd. 

Does it also happen when you use the web player (in your MacBook) ?

Maybe signing out from all devices (and then back in) might help.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/how-to-log-out/

BittencourtSpotify Star

The problem remains. Sometimes Spotify plays, then it starts behaviong weird again. It's VERY annoying. I would so much welcome assistance on this.

Hey @adindavh,

Have you reached the Sonos customer support to see if they can check if the issue is on their end?

Does it also happen when you use the mobile app? (I know you only use Spotify in your MacBook but testing in other devices can help us finding the root of the problem)

BittencourtSpotify Star

it happens independently of what I say or do on my laptop or on my iphone. in the past hour it has started and stopped playing independently several times and jumped from one playlist to the other

I have disconnected my sonos system and reconnected it again

Spotify even kept on playing when my sonos and alexa apps where removed

Very very weird!

Ok @adindavh

Can you please try reinstalling both Spotify and Sonos apps?

https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts