Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

iMac late 2015

Operating System

Mac OS 10.14.2 

My Question or Issue

I have been paying for a subscription for almost 5 years now, and have for the most part enjoyed the service. Having access to the music is great. The thing is, for the last year my desktop app takes at least 5 minutes to load content after starting up, while other apps on my computer are still snappy and quick. Sometimes the search function decides not to work while having a working connection to the internet and the same goes for displaying artist pages while having a working internet connection. This is EXTREMELY disapointing and frustrating. Lately, the "more" menu, you know the one that lets you add songs to your queu, to a playlist, etc, just doesn't work. Right clicking doesn't even work. SSOMETIMES, it will pop up about 30 seconds after clicking on it, but this is rare and to be frank I don't want to waste 30+ seconds just to add one song to my queu. This buggy app is driving me crazy, and I'm ready to jump ship to another service if there isn't a fix for this. I disabled hardware acceleration in hopes of finding a solution to the insanely slow content loading times, but this hasn't helped. 

The desktop app has become incredibly frustrating to use, and I don't think it's worth paying for this service anymore. Please help me out with a fix before I make the decision to jump ship, because before all of these issues I have enjoyed years of this service, until now. 

2 Replies

Clearly spotify has no answers. I'm sick of this, and Apple Music will be getting my money from now on. 

Hey @DanOstergren.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay! We'll be glad to help you out with this 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but since you didn't mention it, would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience with the app.

If that doesn't work, then we're going to need just a bit more information:

• Is the desktop app consistently like this, or are there periods when it's not acting up?
  • Have you tried the desktop app on another device to see if it behaves similarly?

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts