Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm having multiple problems.

I'm having multiple problems.

Macbook Air Late 2017 Model

OSX Catalina 10.15.4

Premium Account

As the title says, I'm having multiple problems. I'll go through them chronologically. At first, it was while I was logged in. I'm currently on a MacBook air late 2017 model. I am on Catalina OSX. At first what happened is that when I logged in or opened Spotify (this was when I just updated from Sierra to High Sierra, around 2 or 3 years ago), My playlists and library would be there, but the songs weren't. Every playlist I saw it quoted "There are no songs in this playlist" and ask me to add new ones. I knew there were songs in there, as I used it on my phone as well, but it would never show up. I used virtually every solution I could find; shutting down the computer, removing it (even contents from the library, etc.) and doing everything I could do to get the songs back. It never worked. By the lack of people talking about this, I guess this is pretty specific. Does anyone know solutions except the generic ones that everybody does?

The second problem is more recent, and I see that some people are also having it. After trying to log in recently, It showed the Error Code 30 message. I don't have a firewall enabled. I enabled it and excluded Spotify. I re-uninstalled it. I don't know what to do anymore. If someone knows anything to solve either of these problems, please tell me. This is exclusive to my laptop. My iPhone and Ipad do just fine. Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @DaNub2038, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try the following steps: 

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let me know if this helps solve your issues 🙂

Suggested posts