Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I messed up huge with my local files and need some help...

I messed up huge with my local files and need some help...

Ok, this is a little confusing, so please bare with me...

I don't remember why I've always done it this way, but I read something once a while back and set it up. Basically, I have my music folder on my computer where my iTunes files are. There are only a few albums I want to sync locally to Spotify, so what I did was I made a "Spotify Local" folder and copied the few albums into it. So there were two versions of those files on my computer, but it prevented me from having to scroll through 6,000 songs in the Local Files section of Spotify because I set the local files folder to that new folder I made. I hope you're with me so far.

I then made a playlist called "Local" on Spotify and moved all of these albums into it from their entirety. Then, I dragged the needed songs to whatever playlist I wanted them in. At this point, everything worked fine. I could be in the same room with my laptop and click "download playlist" on my phone, and it would download the playlist plus the local files.

Tonight, I finally decided this was all too confusing, so I set the local file location to the source of where my music files are stored, so now my local files on Spotify are in the thousands. Then I pulled the songs I wanted into the playlists I want, but when I click Download Playlist on my phone, the local files remain gray and won't download. I then remembered I might need to download the playlist on my Mac first too, so I did, and the local files won't even download on there! What's going on?

I'm using a MacBook Pro and an iPhone. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts