Premium

Country

United States 

Device

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

Operating System

OS X El Capitan

My Question or Issue

I downloaded some mp3s onto my computer.  I clicked the top-right arrow and went to settings. I clicked add a source, but all the mp3s were greyed out and I couldn't open them in Spotify. I clicked on the folder to add that as a source, and now it says it shows songs from that folder, but I don't see the music. What do I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. You can also read this FAQ about the Local Files on Spotify 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. You can also read this FAQ about the Local Files on Spotify 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I restarted it and noticed something called Local Files. Not sure if it was there before or not. Thanks for your help!

Suggested posts