Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect Sorting of Songs in 1.0.x

Incorrect Sorting of Songs in 1.0.x

I've just noticed that v1.0.x incorrectly sorts songs when the My Music > Songs view is sorted by Song name. 

0.9.x and the iOS app correctly sort song titles, ignoring punctuation and other special characters and instead ignoring these, correctly placing them in the list sorted by their first A-Z character. 

However, 1.0.x puts any songs with special characters at the top of the list. Additionally, songs with numbers are not sorted by number, but rather by the individual place value (e.g. 1, 10, 2, 20, 3, 30, 4, 40, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 10, 20, 30, 40 as it should be). 

This is quite confusing, and especially frustrating, when I cannot find the song I'm looking for because it is not where it should be in the list!! 

Here are some screenshots to help you understand: 

iOS (this is correct)

iOS

0.9.7 (this is also correct)

1.0.x (this is incorrect. Note the apostrophes and "..." that appear at the top of the list, instead of under "T" ("The Take Over, The Break's Over" and "To Be Loved", as well as incorrect sorting of numbers)

1.0.x

I would like to see v.1.0.6 address this relatively simple issue. Thanks! 

PS: I used an app called Tailor to take the long iOS screenshot!

2 Replies

Hi,

Well, I actually think that 1.0.5 is sorting the songs the correct way.

Ignoring the apostrophes and dots would "In my opinion" be an error, because the special characters are part of the official title. Other media players and services are doing exactly the same. Spotify does not take notice of the numbers, because they are part of a title, not a sorting-option.

Sorry, but i think that this change is made by the development-team, not an error.

Regards.

PS: Nice iOS-screenshots, I'll check out the app. Thank your for mentioning that. 🙂

If it were a deliberate change, then surely the mobile apps should be changed, too?

I still maintain that the sorting is incorrect. iTunes correctly sorts these song names, Spotify used to, now it doesn't.

Suggested posts