Free

Country

Finland

Device

iMac 18,1

Operating System

Mac OS 10.15.6

My Question or Issue

When in installing Spotify on Mac 10.15.6 the installer just quits without installation confirmation or opening the program. Is this normal?

5 Replies

Hey @henkkarocks, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your Mac? You can do this by going to  > Restart.

If that doesn't help, could you try downloading the Spotify app here using a different browser or private window? 

If you're still having trouble, attach a screenshot or screen recording of what's happening when you attempt to download the app, and I'll take a closer look. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same problem and restart isn't working, i already try to instal 5 times.

hello, i am having the same issue, i tried to download the installer like 10 times and it won't open. i also restarted my mac and nothing. the app just jumps but nothing opens.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here and the troubleshooting you've done so far.

If you're experiencing this on a laptop, could you please try again, but this time with the power cord plugged in? Make sure to also restart your device while plugged. Let us know if that made a difference.

If that doesn't fix things, we recommend that you check for any available updates to your system.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hello i had a virus on my computer that was not letting me download things
so i changed the user and it worked thank u!

Suggested posts