Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with playlist indexing following track deletion

Issue with playlist indexing following track deletion

There is an issue with the index of a playlist not being updated when a track is deleted from the playlist. If I am playing a track then an icon appears in the leftmost column to indicate that the track is playing. All good so far. If I now delete a track from the playlist, each track below the deleted track shifts up in the list, as expected. The issue however, is that often (not always) the icon that indicates which track is playing does not move following the deletion. This means that the wrong track is shown as the currently playing track in the playlist. 

I am trying to find the steps to recreate the issue consistently and I will update this post as and when I find it.

Will

3 Replies

Hello:

Also if you can grab some screen shots and post them here in this thread it might help for the devs to see the behavior to.

Hello there and welcome to the community,

This is due to the lag between the moment you delete a track and the moment it is removed from the playlist and the playlist sent back to the server with the modification.

Once a track is deleted, if you click 'next' for example the green cursor will stay at the previous position. But after some seconds (more or less long, I admit), the green cursor will jump to the right song playing.

I think this will be improved in a next update.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have mentioned this problem months ago but never got an answer. Cursor didn't jump to the right song btw. ..not after seconds or minutes

Suggested posts