Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with "friend feed" or activity feed.

Issue with "friend feed" or activity feed.

Hey everyone, so recently I've noticed that my right side activity feed will stop refreshing sometimes. This has been happening for several weeks and initially I thought it was only when my computer went into sleep mode. But recently I've been able to pin down the problem - whenever I get a new in-app notification, say someone adds a song to a playlist I follow, my feed will stop refreshing completely until I refresh the app. Even if my friends are currently listening to music, 15 minutes will go by and it will say they've stopped, but when I refresh the app they're still listening. Additionally, if this happens over night while I'm asleep, it will say the last one of my friends to listen to music was, say, 8 hour prior. But when I refresh not only are people currently listening to music, others had listened to music in that 8 hour time span. 

I guess this isn't the biggest issue since the solution is just refreshing the app every time this happens, but I could imagine for people who follow a lot of active playlists that are experiencing this problem, it must be frustrating since your feed is likely rarely accurate. 

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

2 Replies

Hi there,

The easiest way to fix this is by going to the top menu -> View. Then click on Friend Feed to hide it, then click again to show it again. This will refresh the list.

It might also help to do a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Thanks Jordi, didn't know about the menu option. In previous weeks I've done a clean reinstallation including the clearing of the cache and this didn't fix it. The only reason I brought it up because it was happening on my account and now Spotify has my on a test account (testing Recently Played Artists, not this problem) but I noticed it happening here and just thought I'd raise awareness of this little issue.

Suggested posts