Jazz New Releases Feed broken

Jazz New Releases Feed broken

Plan: Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2015

Operating System

Mojave 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

The New Release feed for Jazz is broken on the Mac app AND the web player.  On the app, nothing is displayed, but on the web player, a null entry is being displayed. This has been the case for at least 2 weeks.

5 Replies

Not sure if it's related but Jazz New Releases wasn't updated recently (Android/Web/Linux). The latest album is from June 19 2020! Any updates on the issue ?

Hey @altairr and @fungd92,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - do you mean that the section Browse> New Releases doesn't get updated? If that's the case, it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall using the steps here. It's possible that some of the apps files have gotten corrupted and are causing issues when the app attempts to synch your account with the information on our servers.  

If that doesn't do the trick we'd a appreciate you posting a couple of screenshots of what you see. This would help us a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail,

I've contacted technical support since my last post here. The issue is editorial and not technical.

We are talking about Browse -> Jazz -> New releases. There are new releases every Friday, however the Jazz New Releases are updated very sporadically in comparison to other streaming platforms! For example:

• Nothing new on 18th September 2020
  • Nothing new on 11th September 2020
  • Only 1 new album on 4th September 2020
  • Only two new albums on 28th August 2020
  • Nothing new between 28th August 2020 and 19th June 2020!

Sadly I don't think there is anything we can do as users... It's up to Spotify Editorial Team to curate and present the list of new releases as other streaming platforms do!

Hey @altairr,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the editorial teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard.

In the meantime it's also a good idea to post your request that the jazz new releases section gets updated more frequently on our Idea Exchange. You can learn how to do this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it on this page.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue I saw resolved itself after a month or two. The issue I was seeing was different from the other user, I believe. The data stream feed was broken as the formatting of the New Release section had various glitches in the display. Although the New Releases feed seemed empty, it was not because the Editorial Board didn't update it; it was because of a technical issue. This was on ALL platforms I checked, including two browsers (Chrome and Mozilla), the Mac application, and the iOS application. Reinstalling would not have solved the issue. Unfortunately, I have no screenshots, but at the time, if someone looked it would have been obvious. In any case, it's gone now

Suggested posts