Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Plan -Premium

Country - Canada

Device - iMac Late 2017

Operating System - MacOS 10.15.7 

I'm at my breaking point of canceling my premium subscription. I've had a premium account now for a few months and have been told that issues with the Joe Rogan Podcast will be fixed. The freezing issue is still happening, in fact, it seems worse now than ever. I'm averaging about 3 freezes a minute. Also, I keep getting the black screen, which I have gone through the process of deleting the app "completely" and downloading a fresh app, and restarting (hardware acceleration is off). This fix lasts for about 3 days and then guess what? Yup, the black screen comes back. What am I paying for? If this app worked it would be amazing, yet it's just a broken, frustrating, pain in the ass. Your support keeps referring me to the same black screen solution, and that their techs are working on the Rogan issues. How much longer until these issues are actually fixed? I more month of this and I'm done. 

49 Replies

Hi there @SNERP,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but just to confirm, did you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide? This is for a clean reinstall, which can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try using a different connection, like a mobile hotspot from your phone? Is there any difference?

We'd also like to know if the same happens when logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, and on a different device or the web player.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It happens to me as well on the JRE podcast. Freezes every five minutes with the 3 dots scrolling. I have cleared the cache and reinstalled. Only does the on the JRE Video podcast. .... Something is up with this!!!

Just adding...

I have Amazon Fire TV

Hi there @Weegee1,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If it possible, can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Also, does this occur if you're using a different account?

It would be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
JRE podcast constantly freezes, with the 3 dots rolling across screen.  I have reinstalled app and clear cache and it still does this ONLY on the JRE podcast.
Any possibility speaking with somebody?

Hey @Weegee1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Did you have the chance to try any of the troubleshooting steps that @Jeremy posted above? And to make sure that we're on the same page - this happens only on your Amazon Fire TV, correct? 

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why is this still a problem??  I stopped listening on my Mac bc of this reason - freezing video.  Didn't have this problem on Roku bc there was no video - now you added video and it's a huge problem!  Clearing cache and history and reinstalling DOES NOT WORK.  BTW - I have to do that every few weeks just listen to music, otherwise it takes forever to open and search won't work.

Hi there @1241631002

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if you've already tried the suggested steps in this thread?

On another note, just to confirm, is this only happening on your PC or on other devices as well?

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Joe rogan podcast constantly freezes on my samsung smart tv. It works on my phone with the same wifi connection. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted the tv. Some episodes work but most start out grainy and freeze within 30 seconds

Hey there @tombrooks

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to confirm, is this happening with other podcasts as well or only with the one you mentioned?

On another note, could you let us know if the same happens using a different internet connection? 

Lastly, we suggest that you make sure your TV is running the latest firmware. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Is Spotify going to fix this or not?????? Somebody find a way to let Joe know that his fans are being **bleep**. The video freezes on Samsung Tv and Firestick two different routers and phone lines... and yessssss.......I've done all of your stupid human tricks!!! FIX IT!!!

Hi @JimTom01,

Thank you for reaching out. 

This isn't a generalized issue so far, so we need to look into each case individually. Have you checked if this is happening on other devices such as the mobile or desktop app? 

Also, can you confirm if the issue is also present in other podcasts, or also in Joe Rogan's?

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No idea if it happens on mobile or desktop.... I only watch.

I does not happen with ANY OTHER podcasts.

Why do you say it's not a common problem when people have been complaining
all year about it?

Hi @JimTom01,

Thank you for your reply.

We've checked from our end and we can confirm that we can't replicate the same behavior.

It would be really great if you can check if this occurs on different devices as that will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

The video/audio plays fine on my two cell phones on verizon network or home
wifi.

Hey @JimTom01,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if this happens only when you're trying to listen to the podcast directly from your Firestick or when you're using the Connect feature as well?

Also, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your Firestick and TV has any pending updates.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

Yes, everything is up to date. Spent hrs on the phone with Amazon. Cache
and total system reset, update. Not using connect feature. Same with
Samsung tv.

Hey @JimTom01,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. It was very helpful 🙂

We'd to check if this might not be related to some account corruption related to connection with third-party devices as the information provided seems to correlate that this happens on devices other than our native desktop or mobile app.

Can you have someone log in with their account - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? You can also create a new account here for testing purposes. If the new account doesn't encounter any of the issues, what can be done from Spotify's end is getting in touch with our customer support to get their help to transfer your music library and other data to the new account so that you can avoid any further issues with the old one.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

This is ridiculous... It's obviously not just me. I'm going back to Pandora!

Suggested posts