Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Plan -Premium

Country - Canada

Device - iMac Late 2017

Operating System - MacOS 10.15.7 

I'm at my breaking point of canceling my premium subscription. I've had a premium account now for a few months and have been told that issues with the Joe Rogan Podcast will be fixed. The freezing issue is still happening, in fact, it seems worse now than ever. I'm averaging about 3 freezes a minute. Also, I keep getting the black screen, which I have gone through the process of deleting the app "completely" and downloading a fresh app, and restarting (hardware acceleration is off). This fix lasts for about 3 days and then guess what? Yup, the black screen comes back. What am I paying for? If this app worked it would be amazing, yet it's just a broken, frustrating, pain in the ass. Your support keeps referring me to the same black screen solution, and that their techs are working on the Rogan issues. How much longer until these issues are actually fixed? I more month of this and I'm done. 

49 Replies

Please no idiotic automated and canned reply.

I have a Samsung TV software version 1250 and fiber that can play all other streaming services in UHD.

The Spotify app simply can´t play video without jittering or crashing and it is a software issue with the player and your services. Having to plug a laptop computer to the TV just to play JRE is not a workable long term solution.

Please fix instead of ignoring the issue.

I wonder if Joe knows his fans have been getting **bleep** this whole time?

Hi, I am also having this same issue. I have an OG smart tv. The video plays for about a minute, then freezes with 3 dots. Never starts back. It only happens with the JRE podcast & only on my lg tv. I have deleted & reinstalled the app, made sure the tv’s software is up to date as well as Spotify. I’ve reset my tv to factory settings. Same issue. Works fine on my phone with the same account on the same wifi network. I’ve tried everything. The video is unwatchable. It happens every single time after about a minute. The video quality is really bad before it freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Hey @andymcbroom,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds? Also unplug your TV and plug it back in.

On another note, we understand that the podcast plays fine on other devices with the same network, but we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to see if that makes the difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It won't work. Stop playing games Spotify. I have a home router and a
workshop router 1000 feet away on its OWN LINE FROM THE STREET! I've reset,
cleared cache, reinstalled etc etc. NOTHING WORKS!!! Fix your stuff and
stop playing games with your customers! It's you... it's all you.

Having same problem. Premium subscriber.  LG TV freezes JRE podcast in 2min of playing.  Video quality is low when playing.  Tried using different internet connection, different account, different internet connection with a different account.  Nothing works.  Everything is up to date.  I tried deleting then reinstalling spotify on the TV.  Nothing gets it to work.  Please help!

Hey @Evsprs215,

Thanks for the reply and for letting us know what troubleshooting you've already tried.

Could you tell us if other podcasts freeze or lag when played on the TV?

We understand that it must be frustrating to not be able to enjoy your shows on the big screen and the questions we're asking help us find out why this might be happening 🙂

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a problem I have been having since JRE came to Spotify. On my phone, it works but with a PC connected to a Samsung TV, it just keeps freezing. I have tried all your steps and still have the same problem...
PS. I'm lucky to have a great internet connection and this problem comes only with JRE episodes, other podcast works fine. 

Hey @emieri,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you play the podcast on the PC and have linked the PC to the TV via a cable or you're playing the podcast directly on the TV?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same issue on my side. It has happened on two different Roku devices. Did anyone ever find a fix that actually worked or do I just have to accept that Spotify doesn't work well?

I play the podcast with a PC connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. That being said, using the web player: "https://open.spotify.com/" it does not freeze as frequently.

With regards

Emil/emieri

Hey everyone. 

Thanks for your replies (and @dscandlyn, welcome to the Community).

@emieri, could you tell us if the issue persists when using the Desktop app? Also, tell us if you're able to play Podcasts without connecting your PC to your TV (using a regular monitor).

@dscandlyn, let us know if your Roku devices are up to date and tell us if the issue started after any recent firmware/OS update.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hello,

I have followed the guide to uninstall from iPhone. I have XR. Downloaded the episode #1846 and still freezing.   

I have tried different wifi, my home and my work. Still an issue. I have no other account to try, just my primum. 

Oh, I forgot to add: Sometimes when I start the app on the iPhone XR, my Home is black. 

I have to search for content. Just FYI

Hey @MSZ1014,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Can you let us know the exact OS version of your device along with the Spotify version you use?

On another note, you can also create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there. Podcasts can be downloaded to listen in Offline Mode on mobile, even if the account is on the free service. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, did you notice if this is happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

Hello Carlos,

I'm running on 15.5.

I removed the download podcast from XR, just started streaming and worked perfect. 

I tested on an a clean (just wiped) iPhone 7 running on 15.6. Signed in as myself into spotify, downloaded that podcast and worked perfect. It started streaming from where I left off.

I will update my XR to 15.6 and let you know. 

Unfortunately, my friends use other services.   

Hello,

After the update to iOS 15.6 and it still freezes. 

Hello, again.

I have offloaded the app, deleted the podcast, deleted the app, turned off the iPhone, turned it on again.

Installed the app, download the podcast and its working so far.

Update:

Still an issue, after a while it goes black.

Hey @MSZ1014,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience. We’re happy to know you could sort this out. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up. 

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts