Step 1

NEXT STEP

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Joe Rogan - Podcast Constantly Freezes!

Plan -Premium

Country - Canada

Device - iMac Late 2017

Operating System - MacOS 10.15.7 

I'm at my breaking point of canceling my premium subscription. I've had a premium account now for a few months and have been told that issues with the Joe Rogan Podcast will be fixed. The freezing issue is still happening, in fact, it seems worse now than ever. I'm averaging about 3 freezes a minute. Also, I keep getting the black screen, which I have gone through the process of deleting the app "completely" and downloading a fresh app, and restarting (hardware acceleration is off). This fix lasts for about 3 days and then guess what? Yup, the black screen comes back. What am I paying for? If this app worked it would be amazing, yet it's just a broken, frustrating, pain in the ass. Your support keeps referring me to the same black screen solution, and that their techs are working on the Rogan issues. How much longer until these issues are actually fixed? I more month of this and I'm done. 

49 Replies

Not a general issue?? Look at how many people who’s saying this. I’m from Denmark experiencing the same fact problem. I have an iPhone and it only freezes when I’m listening to joe rogan… cmon please do something about this - it’s clearly a general problem..

I honestly don't know what I'm paying you guys for anymore. You obviously have a general issue, and still have significant problems related to the JRE podcast. When everything else on our systems work just fine, the issue is clearly on your side of the table. I am running spotify on win 10, and I can't even listen for 5 minutes without getting paused. Eventually the pauses turn into a complete shutdown of the stream, and I am snubbed with a network error message. There is no network error here! The error is in your software. You can blame it all day long on cached files or whatever, but at the end of the day those files are generated by your garbage application. We shouldn't have to keep jumping through all these hoops. You need to stop dancing around the subject and get your s*** together! 

honestly spotifys web optimization is terrible, their "crossplatform apps" are terrible. it used to be a bit better back in the day when spotify was a bit more open but with the way the implemented drm and video playback, theres almost no way anyone'll ever be able to "WATCH" a 3 hour to 4 hour stream without interruption. its not even that they have some malicious intent to keep people from watching JRE (or other podcasts) in a nutshell their apps  and web services are bloated (on every platform, probably why they closed libspotify and replaced with with pure **bleep**) eating your cpu etc (another problem that can cause buffering) at some point either spotify'll change something or the podcast listeners'll bug their creators until they do something about it. I did notice however. most streams **bleep** out around the first 45 mins or hour mark. spotify prolly plays in increments and when one parts fully loaded the cache gets filled up but never emptied and for some reason the people at spotify dont know how to fix that. we've been dealing with it for years lol, even back in 2009-2010. kinda crazy how youtube and other platforms solved these problems in their first 10 years of existence, spotify still laggin, figuratively and literally

I'm just replying because I wholeheartedly agree and I don't believe this has received the attention it deserves. I've been monitoring this post since the beginning because I have the same issue. I finally decided to chime in. The original post was almost 2 years ago... What has support provided other than the typical "restart your computer" or "clear your cache". Those solutions have clearly not worked for me or other people. The same issue persists nearly 2 years later.

Spotify, address the issue. If you can't fix it, tell us how you plan to work around this issue. I have entirely stopped trying to watch JRE because of this. Is that the goal?

*pontificates juicy, unrealistic conspiracy theories*

You sign multi-million dollar deals with creators just to drive away their fanbase because of your poorly implemented/supported software. I hope Spotify is at least transparent with their creators about this issue. I'm sure creators would love to hear that their long-time listeners are just giving up on their content because of Spotify itself. What a great advertisement for future deals!

I'm not going to read the same support response phrased differently... sorry. You had your time to fix this or at least comment on it seriously. And I actually enjoyed Spotify for music, too. Unfortunate. Cancelling my premium. Back to YouTube...

ive had this same issue with trying to watch JRE on my samsung smart tv. it pauses and i have to scroll foward in the pod for it to start again. if i rewind past the point it will freeze again at the same exact point. something is obviously wrong with spotify. i wish this was back on yt. 

This is hilarious. It only happens on the JRE podcast for me. I have a Samsung TV and if I hit the rewind button, it goes back, and plays for another 15 minutes. Then pauses again. Pain in the a$$.  It really looks like the/a spotify employee has hidden a well-placed bug in the code. 

I also am experiencing this issue using the Samsung TV native app - it has been happening for months. I have tried all the steps here - restarting modem, uninstalling and re-installing the app and unplugging the TV. Everything works fine on my mobile phone (iOS) but the Samsung TV app freezes over and over when watching JRE.

Is there a solution to this yet?

Hello? Anyone checking this?

i already cancelled mine because of this. i have a 50 MBps line, yet JRE still lags while playing from my pc on a LAN cable. just cancel it. you can use adblocker to watch it from the browser for free. **bleep** this company. i just wish joe rogan knew about this because its almost certainly a breach of contract on spotifies part 

your reply and guide are useless dude, this was happening to me from the day i installed the app, i was literally never able to watch a single podcast on your trash app. how would clearing a cache fix something that was broken on day 1? the entire app needs an overhaul and the bastards in charge have deemed it cheaper to hire people like you instead of fix the issues with their shoddy code

Suggested posts