Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Language setting problem

Language setting problem

I have a problem when using spotify on mac.

I live in Taiwan, whose officail lanaguage is traditonal chinese.

I've changed my language setting to English.

It worked well until today.

When I used it today, some of the contents changed to chinese, even though I've changed the lanuage setting to English.

Hope somebody can help me out.

Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 5.22.56 PM.png
7 Replies

It is really disturbing here also. My account is registered under Taiwan's credit card but I've also set my language to English. I would like to exclude any channel that plays Chinese songs and display as usual. This is so unfriendly right at this moment.

I'm also in Taiwan and experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating. Hopefully someone has some answers.

In spotify go to the arrow near your profile. There you have seettings. In the settings you can change your language in there. Otherwise Re-installing the app might work.

Hope this was the soloution

@JackSie wrote:

I have a problem when using spotify on mac.

I live in Taiwan, whose officail lanaguage is traditonal chinese.

I've changed my language setting to English.

It worked well until today.

When I used it today, some of the contents changed to chinese, even though I've changed the lanuage setting to English.

Hope somebody can help me out.

I've tried your suggestions.

However, it didn't work.

Well, obviously we are all not technicians. The problem lies in their abrupt resetting playlists into Chinese version with more Chinese songs. It's an awkard version now because some playlists only change their names into Chinese but consist English songs still. I'd like to switch to other vendors if they still resist to explain.

I also uninstalled and re-installed but to no avail.

Getting more frustrated in this.

Tried everything. Still nothing has changed. This is something Spotify needs to deal with. 

Jack, did you figure out the problem? I had the same issue, but I realized that by just scrolling down all the original English playlists are still there it seems. I guess they just want to make it easier for the majority (Mandarin speaking) users to find content. 

Suggested posts