Last.FM won't scrobble Spotify tracks

Last.FM won't scrobble Spotify tracks

Spotify Free

1.0.91.183.g259b84fa

USA

Macbook Pro early 2011

iOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Last.FM 2.1.37a

I don't run Spotify often because it tends to load very slowly. Around mid-September I tried listening to a new album and I realized that, unlike only a few months prior, none of my Spotify songs were scrobbling. I get a message on my Last.FM player (see attachment) saying I can connect by clicking a link. The link doesn't work. It leads to a dead end in the app and while it shows in my Spotify profile that I'm connected to Last.FM (As well as being connected under Last.FM's Spotify Scrobbling app, and I'm connected to Spotify Playback for good measure), the "Enable Scrobbling by getting the Last.FM app for Spotify!" link never goes away. 

I've tried logging in and out of my last.FM account and Spotify account. I've tried restarting Spotify AND my laptop.

I've tried talking to the SpotifyCares Twitter team, but despite all of their directions I can't get anything fixed. Please help. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 3.01.44 PM.png
1 Reply

Hi @wheredidjennygo and welcome to the Community! 🙂
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with scrobbling. I know how frustrating that can be! Last.FM did make some changes and improvements to the way Spotify scrobbles around the time frame you mentioned. It's no longer necessary to connect the accounts on the Spotify apps anymore - just the Last.FM website - which it sounds like you have already done.
Have you already tried reinstalling your Last.FM app for desktop? I would recommend that first to see if it clears up the issue.
If not, there is a help section on Last.FM's site that might help you get to the bottom of it. 

All the best and have a great day!

Suggested posts