Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest Spotify for Mac desktop app update: cannot detect devices via Wifi for sync

Solved!

Latest Spotify for Mac desktop app update: cannot detect devices via Wifi for sync

Since the latest update for Spotify for Mac, it will no longer detect my iPhone via Wifi in order to sync playlists to it.

1. They are both connected to the same Wifi network with Spotify open
  2. I have restarted both my Mac and iPhone and tried again, but my phone won't be detected.
  3. I have deleted/uninstalled the application for both devices and redownloaed and reinstalled them again, but my phone won't be detected.
  4. I am running OS X 10.10.2 
  5. I am running iOS 8.1.3

The reason I need to sync my phone from Mac through Spotify is so my playlists combined with local files and Spotify files can be synced to use offline.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts