USA

Device

Mac

Operating System

Mac OS

My Question or Issue

Hi, Am I the only one with this issue? 

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.59.57 PM.png

my songs present in my playlist "liked songs" are not marked (white heart) on the artist/album view,

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.00.14 AM.png

I thing this is an issue has it lead to duplicates in the liked list.

BTW how is it possible to allow to have duplicate in a playlist ?

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.58.56 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @OUTAN30

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Sometimes Artists or distributors re-upload an album for various reasons. 

Most likely the songs have different links/URIs and that's why they're not recognized as the same song. You liked one of them and it's displayed in your Liked Songs playlist, and the one on the Artist's profile is a different upload and it's not in Your Library. 

That would also be the reason why you see duplicates in your Liked Songs. Since the songs have different URIs, they're seen as two different songs. 

If you'd like to add a song to a playlist more than once and it has the same URI, you can just follow the usual steps to do it. If a song already is in that playlist, you'll see a pop-up message about it. From there you can choose ADD ANYWAY and the song will be added again. 

You might also be interested in adding your +VOTE to this Idea

For more details on how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to take a look at this article

I hope you'll find this info helpful! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @OUTAN30

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Sometimes Artists or distributors re-upload an album for various reasons. 

Most likely the songs have different links/URIs and that's why they're not recognized as the same song. You liked one of them and it's displayed in your Liked Songs playlist, and the one on the Artist's profile is a different upload and it's not in Your Library. 

That would also be the reason why you see duplicates in your Liked Songs. Since the songs have different URIs, they're seen as two different songs. 

If you'd like to add a song to a playlist more than once and it has the same URI, you can just follow the usual steps to do it. If a song already is in that playlist, you'll see a pop-up message about it. From there you can choose ADD ANYWAY and the song will be added again. 

You might also be interested in adding your +VOTE to this Idea

For more details on how your feedback reaches Spotify, make sure to take a look at this article

I hope you'll find this info helpful! 

Hey, Thanks Emilia,
I do understand the How and Why, but still, from a user experience perspective it's pretty bad IMO

Thanks again

Suggested posts