Announcements

List of Issues with the macOS app

Highlighted

List of Issues with the macOS app

Visitor

1. The app is the slowest app I've ever tried to use in my life. I wish this was hyperbole. Start up is at at least 1 minute, populating the window is 2-3 minutes. Searches are 4-5 minutes if it ever works. And if I need to search a second time, the type goes backwards and I'm back in the infinite time loop. I suspect this is because rather than use Apple's pre-coded window elements, they seem to have made their own buggy code instead. (see: Amazon macOS apps). And yes, this is both with and without Hardware Acceleration.

2. What on earth is the point of downloads? You flip a switch, but nothing actually happens. Did they download? Who knows. Where are they? Who knows. Then what is their specific meaning when they say download? Who knows. Just try figuring out where downloads are stored... you'll get hundreds of thousands of queries of people going wth?

3. Why is the UI so cryptic? For example, I find an album I like, I want to share it with a friend. I go to sharing... and now I have to decide if I want to share a playlist or a URI code? Neither. I want to share the album. Just give me a URL and let's go. Not a playlist and I don't know what URI means. Throughout the "interface," you're scratching your head. Like I said before, why a download toggle? What does it actually do? Because the user sees no difference either way. And what other app on the planet asks you to choose if you want Hardware Acceleration on or off... and makes you do it from a menu? And does it even make a difference? Not for me.

4. Settings... and this is related to the cryptic UI and lack of system HUD calls to put the options inside the same window. The options are weird options and don't make you feel like you're customizing your experience, it seems like you're a developer testing features. Startup on log-in is on by default the moment you install? A media player, really? Local Files: Show songs from... Downloads? What downloads? Spotify downloads? The system Download folder? "My Music" what is that? iTunes, I get... but it's not even iTunes anymore. It's just so much guesswork for a UI it's mind-blowing.

Okay, I'll stop now, but I could go on for pages.

Premium, USA

iMac 2019, macOS Catalina (10.5.6)

1 Reply

Re: List of Issues with the macOS app

Hey there @daveulrich,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are always trying to make our app better and appreciate your feedback. We'll forward it to the right team.

Regarding the issue on your mac, we'd suggest you check these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date. That could also help avoiding other potential issues. After the reinstall you can try downloading the songs, so you can listen to them offline. Here you can find more information about the process.

When you want to share an album, you can follow these steps.

Here you can find more information about the local files.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS