Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

List of new/latest podcast episodes not shown on home screen

List of new/latest podcast episodes not shown on home screen

Both in my Spotify app, as well as in the web player (in Chrome), I no longer see the list of latest podcast episodes of the podcasts that I am following.

This list has been visible as long as I can remember, and I really like it. In fact, as in the last months I have been listening to mostly podcasts, I would expect it to be shown high up on the page (even though I know that Spotify tends to show it at the bottom of the home page...).

At the top of the screen, underneath "Good <time of day>", a number of my podcasts are shown with a blue dot to indicate a new episode. But no dates are shown for the last episode, and it is not the complete list. So it is not really the same as what I am looking for.

Also, the rows "Episodes for you" and "Your shows" are shown, but they are not what I am looking for. "Episodes for you" just shows me podcast episode recommendations, including a lot of podcasts I am not subscribed to. And "Your shows" shows my podcasts, but not the separate episodes of those podcasts. And yes, I can click to each individual podcast and check the episode list there, but that is not as convenient as the episodes list (which has been a part of Spotify for a long time anyway). 

More information about my environment:

• I am on Spotify Premium Duo;
  • The app is running on MacOS (Intel) Monterey 12.1, and is fully up-to-date. In fact, I have finished a clean install of Monterey just a few days ago (so old data or settings should not be an issue);
  • The Spotify app is version 1.1.74.631, and is up-to-date;
  • As I have just finished a clean install of my OS, including a clean install of Spotify, a re-install does not fix the problem (it has been occuring almost since I upgraded to Monterey);
  • I checked if my VPN was causing the problem, but even with the VPN off the problem is still there;
  • My Device is an iMac (2019 model) with 40gb of memory;
2 Replies

Hi @bhermans,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If the missing section you mention was found on the app's home screen, please keep in mind that this section is regularly updated, which means that the recommendations can keep changing over time.

Currently, the feed that shows the latest releases of the shows you follow is available only on the mobile app. It will be accessible via a "bell" icon next to the settings and the listening history icons in the home screen.

However, in this live idea other users have asked for a way to sort your podcasts by "recently updated" on the desktop app. You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE , that'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have voted for the idea you mentioned.

However, it all stilll doesn't really explain (to me) why I saw/see the list sometimes in the desktop app, and sometimes not. If it weren't in the desktop app at all yet, I should not have seen it at all, but I do...

Suggested posts