Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

List of tracks under Album

List of tracks under Album

Hello
I recognize new ui on my MacBook app, it's nice, beautiful, but causes a desire to check what the competition offers (after years paying the premium) because I recognize that discography is now completely useless. For me, the album title and icon are not as important as tracks on it.... for now choosing an album to listen to is very time-consuming... Is there a possibility to show the full tracks list under album title like it was? I suppose no... so why? Why I can't choose the preferred ui for discography?

10 Replies

Hey @borowanie, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes as part of a revamped Desktop experience there's plenty of changes, some features are missing but hopefully they will be added in future updates. You can let them know by adding your feedback in this thread here.

Hope it helps 🙂

I don’t pay for Spotify so I can understand not being able to choose a specific song from an album to play, but to not show a track listing for an album at all means I’ll never be a paying user, ever. Why not show album track lists? Seems a basic part of the experience. 

Hey @Hroboski

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Using the free service, on mobile devices it's not possible to see the list of the songs in an Album, because they can't be played on demand. However, in the desktop app you can see the list of songs when opening an Album.

You can obtain more info about the Premium features here

If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Is there any way to listen album in order: choose artist, choose album and play it from the first to the last song as it on original recording?

Without songs from other albums, without creating any particular playlist,…

Just:

Artist -> Album -> (original) Track list (entirely and in order as ordinal recordings)

??

Hi @djvladMIR,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

If you're a Premium user, you can play an album in order like this:

• In the mobile app, open the album and tap the first song.
  • In the desktop app, hover over the album cover and click on the play button.

In both cases you need to make sure the shuffle button is not active. 

Take into account that if you're a free user, the shuffle button will be permanently active in the mobile app. However, in the desktop app you'll be able to play the album in order.

In this article you can find more info about the different features you can get depending on your subscription. 

Hope this helps!

JulianModerator

So, as premium user album tracks are listed as original recordings, without additional tracks from other albums?

Hey @djvladMIR,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Most of the time, the albums only contain the original track list. However, you may find album re-releases, deluxe editions or remasters that might contain other tracks.

Now, if you're a free user, keep in mind it's not possible to listen to an album in full if you're using the mobile app, you can only listen to a playlist based on an album.

In this other article you'll find more info about free experience on mobile app. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

JulianModerator

It is understandable to have lack of the functionalities as free user and if one of that lack is no possibilities to listen album in full on mobile app it is ok (e.g. not all tracks from the album, not in the order, etc.).

But it is not ok to listen some “mess” under the name of the album, it is something completely different from the album itself. I do not know how that corresponds to legal author/band/releaser rights, but the albums, i.e. “play list based on the album”, you are offering for free users on mobile app does not have anything with the real original albums. Not only track list is messed, but there are tracks which are not part of that album, not even belonging to time period when the album was recorded, etc. And even “e-releases, deluxe editions or remasters that might contain other tracks" have their originals and track lists which were edited by artists, bands, authors, etc. Not should be by spotify.

It is ok for spotify’s playlist…they can be generated any way possible, but ALBUM link should give the original album track list experience (at least for premium accounts).

So, I am checking all of this because I do not want to pay premium and then get “play list based on the album”.

Since, most of the time is not always (“Most of the time, the albums only contain the original track list."), can you confirm that with premium account listeners can get original album track list, without any spotify’s editing?

Hi there @djvladMIR,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating at times when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to have satisfied and happy users.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nice 😄

Suggested posts