Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening multiple playlists causes all identical songs to play consecutive

Solved!

Listening multiple playlists causes all identical songs to play consecutive

I have a Playlist folder where I keep all of my "Your Top Songs 20xx" playlists curated by Spotify. With "shuffle" active,I double click this playlist folder so that it shuffles across all Playlists in the folder. The "shuffled" songs put all identical songs together.

So, if I have a song that appears in 3 different "Your Top Songs" playlists, the same song will play 3 times in a row before moving on to another song in the shuffled playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @axeldiaz

This sounds like an ongoing problem currently under investigation. I recommend adding some feedback to this thread if you feel it matches the problems you're experiencing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @axeldiaz,

Sorry for the late reply - we just came by this post.

Interesting. Could you share a short screen recording which captures the app's behavior in action so we can have a direct look at this? In the meantime, try the following to see if that does the trick:

1. Go to a Your Top Songs playlist by Spotify and open it.
  2. Click on the three dots menu > Add to other playlist > *your folder's name* > Create playlist. This will add all tracks into a new playlist that's now made by you instead of Spotify. 
    Tip: You can also manually remove any duplicate tracks you may have now that the playlist is actually owned by you.
  3. Repeat this with all Your Top Songs playlists you had in your folder and remove the old ones.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Yordan,

Sorry for the abysmal video quality. I did my best to capture the actions but the video is blurry, so let me know if you need me to figure out a better way to compress the file.

I do not mind that Spotify is the author of the playlists. I just find it weird and anomalous that Spotify will pair all like songs with each other even when shuffling. Oddly enough, "Circadian Rhythm" is the next three songs, followed by a different song, but then one more "Circadian Rhythm". I haven't seen that instance yet.

Marked as solution

Hey @axeldiaz

This sounds like an ongoing problem currently under investigation. I recommend adding some feedback to this thread if you feel it matches the problems you're experiencing.

Suggested posts