Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Loading playlist and 'songs' section won't load. (Sierra)

Loading playlist and 'songs' section won't load. (Sierra)

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro Early 2011 (Sierra)

My Question or Issue

This  anoying problem occurs for almost 2 months now. When I open the app it takes always 15/20 minutes to load the list.  Owner of an older iMac where I don't see any of those problems. m (

I Tried

-Deleting Cache

-Re-install

Thanks in Advance!

David

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.04.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.45.59 PM.png

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. I'd also recommend installing the latest updates available for both, Spotify and macOS 🙂

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I’m experiencing this same problem but now after three minutes it just says “Couldn’t Find that playlist” yet it’s playing on my iPhone fine

Hey @Shaynecody116,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

To confirm, did you already try all the troubleshooting steps that @Loxer suggested above?

If none of those work, let us know the make, model and OS version of the device where this is happening, along with the exact Spotify version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts