Plan

Premium

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Air 2020)

Operating System

(iPhone- iOS 15.0, Mac- iOS 11.6)

My Question or Issue

I have 2 different users/profiles on my Macbook. I have downloaded local files on each of the profiles but only the songs I downloaded on that username show up. Songs that were downloaded on the other profile are not able to be played and show up in grey with no cover image.  

I've had no issues transferring local files to my phone. How can I get all my songs on both profiles/users?

song on profile not directly downloaded on:

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.19.40 PM.png

song on profile directly downloaded on:

Hey There Delilah.png

3 Replies

Hi there @kg0310,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community. 

Can you let us know how/where the tracks are in the app's settings and provide us a a screenshot from both accounts?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The settings are the same for both because it’s all in the same Spotify account, but here are screenshots from both of my Mac profiles.
user with songs playable:

user with songs not playable:

Also, I am able to play the songs though apple’s music app on both accounts.

Thank you!

Hey @kg0310,

Thanks for the posts.

Two different user profiles on your Mac will be seen as two different computers on the Spotify app. So you'd need to load up the new folder location every time you swap your Mac profiles.

Otherwise the Spotify app will see it as you're logging in from another computer and won't let you play those local files, since you can't have song uploads from two computers on one Spotify account.

This might work if the Mp3s are stored in a shared drive on the computer, to which all user accounts have access.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts