Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Not Playing Properly

Local Files Not Playing Properly

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge

My Question or Issue

I have some local files on my Laptop, and they play fine there, and when I try to play them through my phone, they don't play from the queue

e.g. if I select one on my phone from the playlist, it plays fine, but if it is next in the queue (or shuffle), it doesn't work and just skips the song automatically

1 Reply

Hey @K00lDudE1 I have done some digging and found that another user had a similar issue back in 2016, the thread has a marked solution. Here is what was suggested, hope it helps (If not come back and let me know and I'll try and help)

Here's a list of relevant stuff for you to check. Let me know how you get on.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Suggested posts