Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files - Will Not Display All Files

Local Files - Will Not Display All Files

Hi there - I'm trying to import to a personal playlist some music from my iTunes folder that does not exist on the Spotify server.  There are approximately 22,000 files in my iTunes folder (but I'm only after a small number of items).  When I select the Local FIles option in Spotify I can view some but not all of the available local files when I scroll through the list - it will scroll down to a certain point and then no further.  I have attempted to use the sort function (Author and Album) function to reverese order etc but this also appears to be behaving erratically eg a partial sort but not all files, spaces in the list, sorting not working ie files out of order.  I have reinstalled the app to no avail   The environment is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3.  Would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

4 Replies

Hello,

Please make sure the songs import into Spotify: 

1. Not protected by DRM

2.In supported format (https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/)

Steps:

3.Remove and re-add the "Local Sources" - Make sure all songs synced.

3.1 You may need to reopen Spotify (MAC/PC) [in case if you added too many songs] [Recommend to do]

Please let me know if these work. / Mark as solved+like

Repost from my original post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Problems-syncing-local-files-to-phone/m-p/4370826#M...

Thanks for the response.  In my settings the only option I seem to have is to disable the iTunes source for Local Files  - along with Downloads and My Music which I had disabled anyway.  Funny thing is that even though I did this (disable iTunes) I can still see songs listed in Local Files.  I would have expected to see nothing listed.  Stopping and restarting Spotify a few times did nothing to rectify this.  Perhaps the list is cached somewhere?

As to the other issue - I don't think its a DRM issue.  There are hundreds of songs/albums that should show and it would be very strange if they were all DRM protected.  One thing I did do is load the Local Files list and then search for a song that I knew I wanted and it appeared in the Search Results list (from the Local FIles source) and I could add it to my playlist.  Even though I could not get to see the entire album in the Local Files list.  What seems to be happening is that there is some sort of finite number of songs that will list eg I can scroll down to a certain point (song, author, album) but it won't display any more beyond that either using the vertical scroll button or keyboard.  Hope this makes sense.  Cheers

Suggest you contact Spotify Support.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Hi there

Thanks for the response.  At this stage seeing as how I can use the Filter function in Local FIles to find the track/s I want I won't pursue this issue through the Forum.  As my Local Files are all in iTunes I have an alternative approach which is to create an iTunes playlist of 'non Spotify' tracks and download it to my phone/iPad, along with the Spotify playlist.  Having said that I think this part of Spotify is really quite clunky compared to the rest of it, and I'll be avoiding this function in future.  I'll see what it looks like when my subscription is next due and make a decision then. Thanks anyway.  Cheers

Suggested posts