Premium

Country

UK

Device

IPhone 7,  IMac

Operating System

IOS 11

My Question or Issue

Ive made this thread because all other local files not downloading questions are outdated or not for mac. Right ive tried this:

- Turn off firewall

- Using hotspot to download

- connecting to same Wifi

-reseting, logging out, deleting apps, iphone & imac 

-adding .mp3 to titles

-connecting to a different wifi

I had been trying for a few months to no success - so i thought i might as well just keep the local files on my computer to stream even if i couldnt download on my iphone . The songs “Unforgettable - PnB Rock & Party Monster - Dave East” were there on my iphone faded out and not downloading. Anyway a couple of days later i went on a car journey and my songs were downloaded to my suprise! Anyway i want to know is there anything reliable i can do to download them from my imac to my iphone 7.

btw my spotify is -henners05-

thanks in advance

11 Replies

Hey @-henners05-, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Please make sure that both your Mac and your iPhone have the latest OS versions installed, which is 10.13.6 for macOS and 11.4.1 for the iOS

I can suggest to change the hosts file as it might help with the issue you're having.

Just follow the steps from this guide here

Let me know how it goes 🙂

P.S. I'm getting an error when trying to response with the guide in my reply, that's why I'm sharing the link to it.

Thanks but didnt work at all

Hey @-henners05-,

Still having trouble with this? You can find more info, and criteria for listening to local files, in this help article under Need help?

We also suggest that you change the names of some of the local files to only include simple letters and spacing and see if that helps.

Keep us posted!

Tried all this bro

Hey @-henners05-,

Some local files may be unsupported, or behave unexpectedly. We didn't quite get what exactly happens when you try to download the songs. We can help you further if you want, but we need some more info.

Is this happening with all of your local files? What kind of error do you get when trying to download them? If you could get back with a screenshot, we'll be more than happy to help.

Keep us posted 🙂

I have tried all kinds of stuff only 3 local files have ever downloaded. I download mp3s of datpiff, youtube and i put music on garageband on there

EED27D1E-BF65-478E-AB09-EB34BAECE909.png

Guys any ideas its been a while

Hey @-henners05-,

Sorry for the dealy 🙂

Could you try updating to iOS 12 and macOS Mojave (10.14)?

Hope it helps!

Already have. Frankly spotify shoudl just fix this 

SPOTIFY PLEASE JUST FIX THIS!! ITS BEEN TOO LONG ! IF YOUR NOT GONNA FIX IT THEN IM GUNNA SWITCH TO ITUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO? Have you just given up helping me? Spotify just fcking fix this please!!!

Suggested posts