Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro Early 2015 Retina 

Operating System

MacOs Mojave

My Question or Issue

When I try to add a new local file to a playlist, it would not appear at all on my iPhone. I have both the playlist set to "download" on my Mac and my iPhone but still it would not show me the song on my iPhone, it plays and shows on my Mac well.

I've tried to remove the local file from the playlist and I noticed that when I remove it from the playlist, I don't see it in my own "Local Files" section of Spotify under my Library.

This must be some sort of bug because I had another local file in my playlist not show up anymore on my iPhone but still showing up on my Macbook. This is incredibly frustrating and I would like to know if anyone has any idea to solve this or shared the same experience.

Thank you for reading 

1 Reply

Just follow this instructions (exactly) for you to be able to sync local files from your desktop to your iPhone.

Note: This feature is for Premium users only.
  1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your iPhone using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the menu button
  4. Tap Your Music.
  5. Tap Playlists.
  6. Tap Local Files, or the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.

Suggested posts