Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local albums splitting up in collection

Local albums splitting up in collection

Hi there, I added all my local files to my collection, but A LOT of the albums are split - i have a few tracks of an album sepeate from the others (there's a screenshot if you want).... This is really annoying - any fix?

Screenshot (1).png
5 Replies

Hi. Did you sign up for Collection beta testing? Have you checked the metadata for those files to make sure  they are correct?

Yes, i'm signed up for the beats. All the metadata is correct as far as I can see... Itunes and WMP show everything fine...

OK. You should have an email with a forum link for discussing the beta.

Any new on this matter? it is 2016 and the problem still happens... and yes, I checked the songs tags, they are the same. on alll other players I have they show into the same album.

[EDIT] Also the same problem was posted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Quite-changing-album-covers-splitting-of-local-files/i...

I really dont get why you make it so dificult to proper handle local files... at least if it was something you (Spotify) had on your database...But it isn´t, so by your logic I should not be able to listen to my music...

In fact there is a way...give up on Spotify and use Google Music, much much better. their customer support really cares about you and they dont just screw your family plan out of the blue. 

Suggested posts