Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files don’t work

Solved!

Local files don’t work

Hi! Spotify had updated UI on desktop so I found a new bug. After enabling local files in settings the row called “Files on device” in the left sidebar doesn’t appear. I tried reinstalling app but that didn’t help. Thanks for response!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hurrah! I found the files on the device in the "My Library" tab"

View solution in original post

Снимок экрана 2021-03-30 в 15.42.10.png
8 Replies

Hey @katsushooter,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try selecting another source folder for your Local files and see if that changes anything?

Also, adding a screenshot of how the app looks on your end will help us a lot 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! Yes, I tried selecting another source but that didn't help. You can see the problem in the video.

Hi @katsushooter,

Thanks for the reply and the video.

In this case we'd recommend the following:

1. Run a clean reinstall of the app, following the steps in this guide exactly.
  2. Clear your local file cache, like described here.

This should assure that the app is fully cleared before reinstalling and that there is no old broken cache which could be causing this issue.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm experiencing the same bug, and the clean reinstall did not make my local files folder appear on the left. Neither did adding an additional folder. And I can no longer click a local file to go to the local files folder. Not to mention most of my local files are now greyed out anyway.

Must admit I'm starting to fantasize about Apple Music's amazing local/streamable integration. Not shaming in the slightest but I listen to a lot of music not available on streaming, and a quick solution to this problem would very much help justify my monthly subscription fee

Hey @jhs-,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

In the New Desktop Experience, you can find your Local files right next to Liked Songs in your Playlists section. You can find more info about the new app in this thread. We also encourage you to leave your thoughts and comments there, as it's being monitored by the right teams and your feedback is really important for us so we can continue to improve the app and the overall experience.

If you're having trouble with your Local files, make sure to follow the steps in this article. It's also worth taking a look at this Spotify Answer if you're still having trouble.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Unfortunately, that didn't help. I think that's just a bug, cause there is the same problem using windows.
Marked as solution

Hurrah! I found the files on the device in the "My Library" tab"

Снимок экрана 2021-03-30 в 15.42.10.png

Edit: Beat me to posting. Glad you found it

Here is a screenshot of where the Local Files list is located in the new desktop app. Apologies I couldn't find a higher resolution image.

Go to the "Your Library" tab in the left sidebar and then under the "Playlists" section you will see the "Local Files" list right next to the "Liked Songs" list.

image.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts