Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files list is empty after update on 13th Feb 2019 - no iTunes songs showing anymore

Local files list is empty after update on 13th Feb 2019 - no iTunes songs showing anymore

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro late 2012

Operating System

Mojave 10.14.3 - all updates applied

Latest Spotify 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25,

Latest iTunes 12.9.2.5

My Question or Issue

did some recent software / OS updates

Local files in Spotify is showing no iTunes content.

I have checked the switch in Spotify to show iTunes.

I logged into a PC that also has iTunes and Spotify and it all works with my account in iTunes and Spotify, but not on my Mac.

On the Mac:

I have followed the instructions to completely uninstall Spotify and re-installed.

iTunes - logged out, re-set account and downloaded music again.

Checked the box to share the XLM.

Tried a new login account on the same computer and also tried another mac.

I dont' have another spotify account to check with.

Before I continue troubleshooting - anyone else having problems???

9 Replies

It seems the version released on the 13th February 2019 caused the problem.

I re-installed the previous version and it works fine again.

Tried this on 2 x Mac and both working.

I let one of them update to the latest version mentioned above and it broke on that mac again.

I'll wait a while I guess ...

Anyone know how to report this to Spotify themselves?

Hey @sncooper

This something Spotify is aware of as you can see here. I hope this gets fixed soon. Have a nice day 🙂

I've been monitoring the other thread, and think my issue is slightly different.

My playlists are still showing, but my 'local files' (the ones in my iTunes library) are not showing anymore.

Here are screen shots before and after the update...

before v1.0.98.78.PNGafter v1.1.0.237.PNG

Previous version was: v1.0.98.78

New version v1.1.0.237 

This is how I have my settings:

settings.PNG

@sncooper

I'm sorry I have misunderstood the issue you are facing. This issue you described is something being looked into by the technical team and I hope it will be fixed soon. You can check and get updates here. Also remember to vote for it so it catches more attention. Have a nice day 🙂

My issue is different - my playlists (Spotify music) are working fine.

The full story is that I have some DJ sets and purchased music in my iTunes library that is not on Spotify.

I have been using the 'local files' feature as a way to get this music into my Spotify playlists - the main reason so that I can have this music on my iPhone / iPad and it is all integrated in Spotify, so no need to switch between Spotify and Apple Music.

It is an important feature for me, if they can't get it working then no point me paying for a premium Spotify subscription.

Yes, my frustration is increasing.

Updated subject.

@sncooper

Try following the steps here. I believe there is going to be a fix for this from Spotifys end too, please be patient.

Thanks for the suggestion about re-installing.

I did a complete uninstall, reboot, re-install of the current version and it did not resolve the issue.

I still had the previous Spotify installer for Mac, so I did a complete uninstall, reboot, and re-install of the previous version - this did resolve the issue.

I repeated this on a second Mac and it fixed it there as well.

Spotify auto-updated a few hours later and my 'local files' are empty again, luckily the music was downloaded to my iOS devices before this happened so I can continue to play the music that Spotify does not have in their catalog on my iOS devices.

I found it is only related to the Mac version, as the PC version of spotify continues to work fine after the update.

Hey @sncooper.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try to add a source manually? You can do that by clicking the button under the toggle switched in the settings. Browse to your iTunes music folder and see if this imports your music. Keep in mind that it might take a bit before all songs load for the first time, seeing that you have many local files.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts