Plan

Free/Premium

Device

Macbook air 

Operating System

(OS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi!

Since the new update from Spotify, I am not able to play my downloaded songs from my local files anymore in the offline mode. When I download a specific playlist with downloaded songs from my local files in between, only the downloaded Spotify songs will play. I need internet for my local files songs. This was not the case with the previous update! 

As you can see in the attachment, everything is playable but not the local files.

Do you have any idea how I can play my local files offline on my macbook? I have tried the big clean thing, re-downloaded the app, restarted my laptop, literally everything!

Please help!

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.20.17.png
7 Replies

sabrinacampx
Casual Listener

tried that. did nothing. 

CarlosE

Hey @sabrinacampx,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to be sure and to avoid repeating anything, did you follow the steps that @Jeremy shared above for both, clean reinstalling the app and changing the source folder?

Can you also let us know if this only happens in the desktop app or if it also happens in the mobile app in case you synced and downloaded your Local files playlist on your phone?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

sabrinacampx
Casual Listener

Yes I spent a while doing all the steps and nothing's changed. I really believe it's a result of the new update, as there were no problems before and multiple others are having the same issue. It is only on desktop, my mobile works fine with playing local files offline. 

Ver

Hey @sabrinacampx,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try with another account to check if you can play the local files?

If nothing changes, could you share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your PC?  We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop. 

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

tjh5w0h-b2_rd
Casual Listener
Hi! It still does not work. I have tried everything. I can play my local files now in the local file document offline, but it does not work when I mix my local files in a playlist with other songs. In that case, only the spotify songs that i have downloaded to be able to play offline work, not the ones that i have downloaded on my device. My spotify

This is the number i find when clicking on "about spotify" 1.1.61.583.gad060c66-a.
My macbook runs on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

Novy

Hey @tjh5w0h-b2_rd

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and sending this info. 

Just to confirm, do you have your Local Files synced to your phone? If so, do they play fine there?

Also, could you let us know exactly which other troubleshooting steps you've tried from what we've suggested? This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Jeremy

Hi there @tjh5w0h-b2_rd,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS