Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login Error

Login Error

Hey guys,

I've been off spotify for a few days, and now that I'm trying to get back onto it, Spotify says "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code:17)". 

To fix the error, I've checked my mac firewall settings to make sure that Spotify has access, and I've also re-downloaded the app but it still has the same issue. 

I really hope the issue's solved soon and would appreciate you guys' help. Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hi,

I already tried following the instructions and deleting the files but the exact same message keeps appearing.

I have a macbook with MACOS SIERRA operating system and downloaded the latest spotify app from you website. 

Can you help me fix this? 

Thanks 

Hey @vanessajt16.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you tell us which Spotify version you've installed? 

Could you also make sure you're not using a VPN? That could be interfering with your Spotify app.

Also, are you in a different country than the one your Spotify account is set to? If that's the case, and you're using Spotify Free, try updating the country following these steps.

Keep us posted!

P

Suggested posts