Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Long playlist jumps back to first track

Long playlist jumps back to first track

When I listen to a very long playlist, Spotify will sometimes just jump back to the first track of the playlist. (Another possibly related issue is that when I hit shuffle on a very long playlist, it only grabs songs from the beginning of that playlist.)

I noticed that this issue has been complained about a LOT over the years on these forums and STILL has not been fixed, so I'm pretty sure this must be a common issue that is not specific to me. I started a new thread only because all of those relevant threads are old enough to have been locked.

Plan: Premium

Device: usually Mac Desktop app

Operating System: OSX

5 Replies

Hey @dalee78,

Are you still having trouble with this? Does this happen when you try to skip songs, or only when you let it play by itself? Is it affecting some playlists, or all of them?

We suggest that you reinstall the app following these steps.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

I have the same problem both in the mobile application and on the PC (in the Spotify Web Player too). Spotify shuffles only a small part of the tracks from the beginning of a long playlist. It's the same for songs added to my collection (over 2,000 songs). Unfortunately, sequence of songs in the playlist and in the library can not be set randomly.

Hey @userlf.

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Just to confirm, does this happen when using Connect with another device, or does it happen independently of that?

Keep us posted,

P

It doesn't matter if Spotify connects to another device or not. For example on my Chromecast Audio this problem exists. It's happen on every device and platform (Android, PC desktop, Web Player) 😞

Hey @userlf.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

We suggest you head on over to this thread, where the same issue has been raised already by other users. Please leave the requested info and add your vote to the thread 🙂

Hope that helps,

P

Suggested posts