Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.50.49 PM.png

Operating System

macOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Spotify stuck on 100% CPU usage, done all updates, clearing of cache, reinstalling everything, hardware accel off,  nothing fixes the issue.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 2.53.57 PM.png

15 Replies

Hey @theman601, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app while inside Safe Mode. Just follow these steps. To enter safe mode make sure Firmware Password is off then just hold Shift while booting up to get there.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I am using Spotify 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa with Mojave 10.14.6 and have 100% CPU usage problem as well. Please look into the problem.

I have tried clean install as you mentioned.

Thanks.

Problem still happening with version 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've had such issues in the past (see here and here), however those have since been resolved.

Do you mind trying some of the steps which users suggested had worked for them in the above threads:

• Perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps in this Spotify Answer
  • Delete any .FLAC files from your computer (located in the Downloads folder)?

If none of those work, could you let us know the exact Spotify version you're running?

Thanks - keep us posted!

already preformed clean install, no flac files,

why does Spotify support keep replying with the same answers even though it doesn't work.

Obviously theres a memory leak in their code they need to fix yet they are unable to pinpoint it..

already mentioned the Spotify version in the thread above, don't know why you keep asking
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Spotify-Support-Community-Guidelines/ta-p/4575166

Would you mind linking the original? I assume it’s not resolved since this is still a problem for many users.

Yes look the numbers of post, reply ...
it's really a problem for many user And Premium User

i have tested all those solution  but Notning.

Just add a +1 to this - I've got the same issue - 100% CPU, fans on all the time. I'm trying to play music, not stress test my macbook! 😞

v1.1.36.734.g8731c306 if that helps.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience so far.

We created an Ongoing Issue regarding what you reported. You’ll find it here.

It’d be great if you’d add your +VOTE as well as the required info in a comment and if you’d subscribe so as to receive all the relevant updates. 

We’ll keep you posted and stay available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having the same issue MBP 16"  

spotify version 1.1.36.734.g8731c306

Catalina 10.15.5

Tried clean install to no avail.  CPU steady over 100%. 

Upvoted ongoing issue thread as well

I have a 2019 MacBook Air - not having this issue at all I'm also running it on a different OS to the OP. Don't know if this is helpful.

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 20.33.13.png
Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 20.32.04.png

Same here

raduneus_0-1594323338400.png

Same here with latest version, Spotify 1.1.**bleep**.612.gb7409abc.

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-01 a las 9.57.58.jpg
Captura de pantalla 2021-10-01 a las 9.57.43.jpg

Suggested posts